Volleyball for You (VB4U) Guidelines
Show respect to all who play!
……Show respect to the facility or park that permits us to play!
………….Play hard, laugh often, leave happy, come again!
Basic understandings and consequences
1) We all come to have fun playing volleyball.
2) We each come with different skills, abilities, and strengths.
3) We agree to accept each other and our respective play abilities!!
4) Encouragement and uplifting chatter is always welcome.
5) Friendly smack talk and jesting is expected.
6) Rude, disparaging, demeaning words or actions are not acceptable.
7) Violations will be met with a warning.
……Repeated violations will result in expulsion & prohibition from returning.
8) Play levels will be self-determined first & assessed by our management team as the final word (only if necessary). Thank you for your cooperation.
9) We entrust you to call your own faults (lifts, doubles, net contact and such).
……“Call your own” is not equal to no calls!!
……Hold yourself to a higher standard, please!
10) Facility respect
……a) Enjoy your food, beverages & gum OUTSIDE the court!
……b) Keep the parking lot clean!
……c) Pick up your own recycling & garbage pls
11) Teams are formed dynamically
……a) Focus on getting everyone present to play – be kind and invite folks on the court
……b) Default play format is “2 on / 1 off”
……c) 3 team limit per court recommended
………….(team composition may change as players come & go)
INDOOR PUSH UP Rule:
Step or go past the center line and you do 3 push-ups off the court.
The game continues without you!
(Exception = center line violations are permitted during doubles / quads games – if not interfering with or endangering others)